What a find.....

Modern Rolex, non-Rolex watches and misc.
Alex The Watch Guy
Favorite Watch: 1977 Rolex 1675 GMT

What a find.....

Post by Alex The Watch Guy »

Hi fellow watch enthusiast. Today, I felt compelled to join the vintage forum and write a quick note about my unique find. I had gone to my watchmaker to have my newly acquired '76 1675 (thank you John) when I stumbled on the find of my lifetime. My watchmaker, who was one of the first Omega service technicians in the area in the late 50's has a vast collection of some rare pieces. The story he tells is that every year the Omega sales reps would put their overstock items on fire sales. Naturally, he would purchase a lot of these watches at great discounts. So, one can only imagine how many pieces he has owned. He rarely displays his collection and has never sold any of his vintage stock. Today all that changed, as he offered his all original early 70's Flightmaster 911 to me. Further, this watch has a twin brother which still has it's original purple wax coating on the case and caseback. Essentially, these two watches have been in the safe for over 40 years and have rarely, if at all, seen daylight.

I have included a quick scan of the one without the wax on the case.

What do you guys think?

Best,

ATWG
Attachments
IMG_0564 v2.jpg
IMG_0564 v2.jpg (98.44 KiB) Viewed 11342 times
springer
Favorite Watch: GMT-Master

Re: What a find.....

Post by springer »

First off, I would like to welcome you to the forum Alex. Enjoy your time here and the friendships that you are sure to make along the way.

For those that do not know Alex, he is an avid collector of fine vintage watches and his Omega Flightmaster collection is second to none. I have seen several of these watches and they are incredible. He also collects other fine, vintage watches to include Rolex
and his knowledge of the other brands of vintage watches will definitely be an asset to everyone here on the forum.

When you get a chance Alex, post up some pics of your other fine watches, to include your other Flightmasters.

Again, welcome aboard - it's a pleasure to have you here as a member of this fine community.

jP
Robert

Post by Robert »

What a wonderful and beautiful watch. Curious, what is the value on one of those Omegas? :?:
Alex The Watch Guy

It's hard to say, since there aren't many comparable watches in like condition out there. I would estimate the market value is around $5,000. The one with the wax is definitely worth more.
Alex The Watch Guy

Here are more scans of my Flightmasters 911 & 910 (with paper)......

Enjoy!
Attachments
Img_0137sm.jpg
Img_0137sm.jpg (71.52 KiB) Viewed 11334 times
Img_0136sm.jpg
Img_0136sm.jpg (77.57 KiB) Viewed 11334 times
Img_0133sm.jpg
Img_0133sm.jpg (52.95 KiB) Viewed 11334 times
Img_0132sm.jpg
Img_0132sm.jpg (73.5 KiB) Viewed 11334 times
ER44

Post by ER44 »

I love those watches, all in super nice, original condition. A collection to be proud of.
MitchSteel
Favorite Watch: 1675 GMT

Post by MitchSteel »

Wow, those are nice.I remember my physics teacher wore a Flightmaster, I think he was a space nerd.
Back then I had no idea what kind of watch that was, all I knew, it was pretty cool looking.